All the good things to know, all in one place.
Maintaining the bliss
Policies & Terms
- What are the benefits of hydrodermabrasion?
Hydrodermabrasion address all skincare needs, give immediate results, and requires no downtime…. it’s for everyone! Hydrodermabrasion cleanses and provides hydrating exfoliation by removing dead skin cells, light chemical peel that helps loosen dirt and impurities from pores, replenishes skin with antioxidants to fight free radicals, and provides protection to maintain and protect results. Benefits of hydrodermabrasion include reducing fine lines and wrinkles, increase elasticity and firmness, even skin tone and vibrancy, improve skin texture and decrease brown spots, reduce oil and congested skin, reduce the appearance of pores, and diminish advanced signs of aging.
- What are the benefits of a facial?
Rehydrates your skin, helps slow down premature aging, unclogs pores, improves imperfections, maintains healthy skin, and it just feels wonderful!
- What does a customized chemical peel offer my skin?
Leaves skin feeling smooth, radiant, and firmer. Help diminish fine lines and wrinkles, increase collagen and elastin, lighten acne blemishes and prevent future outbreaks, unclog pores and reduce their appearance, smooth out rough skin and diminish acne scars, lighten unwanted hyperpigmentation, and even out skin tone. Results are cumulative with continued treatments. A series is recommended to maintain optimal results.
- Why should I get LED light therapy with my facial treatment?
Various LED-colored light affects different layers of the skin at different levels. Blue is for anti-acne by eliminating acne-causing bacteria. Red is for anti-aging by combating wrinkles and increasing collagen production for smoother younger-looking skin. Results are cumulative with continued treatments. A series is recommended to maintain optimal results.
- What are free radicals?
Unstable molecules, like pollution, sun, and stress, which can damage the vital skin cells like collagen and elastin that keep you looking fresh and young. Antioxidants counteract free radical damage by trapping and containing them, preventing further damage to skin cells.
- What are the common eyelash extension misconceptions and why should I get them?
MYTH 1: Having lash extensions applied could hurt or feel uncomfortable.
TRUTH: The process of having lash extensions applied does not hurt and should never cause discomfort if they are being applied by a trained lash stylist. Actually, the lash extension application process is a very relaxing experience and many clients enjoy a nap. No pain should ever be involved during lash extension applications.
MYTH 2: Eyelash extensions could damage my natural lashes.
TRUTH: When you combine premium products and trained lash stylists with proper application techniques, then your natural lashes should never be damaged. I only use adhesives that are made exclusively for lash extensions. Top-quality adhesive plus proper technique will sustain the health and integrity of your natural lash hairs.
MYTH 3: My natural lashes will be shorter if/when I decide to have my extensions removed.
TRUTH: When eyelash extensions are applied properly by a trained lash stylist, your natural lashes are allowed to grow as usual. So, the myth that your natural lashes could be shorter if you were to remove your extensions is not true.
MYTH 4: Eyelash extensions are one size fits all and my lashes will look just like my friend’s lashes after she got her lash extensions.
TRUTH: All of us have different eye shapes as well as a different number of natural lashes. It means that lash extensions can be (and should be) customized just for YOU. Different eye shapes and different amounts of natural lashes will affect the look of your lash extensions.
MYTH 5: You can’t wash your face around your eyelashes.
TRUTH: Keep ‘em clean! We encourage you to keep your extensions clean. In fact, that will keep your lashes looking fresh and healthy. A lash care kit is offered with your first full set of lash extensions and should be used daily to keep them clean. And, make sure you’re not using any oil-based cleansers or makeup removers. Lastly, don’t rub too hard!
MYTH 6: You can just pick them off when you’re ready.
TRUTH: Not unless you want to damage your hair follicles. Pulling lash extensions out yourself could result in damaged hair follicles—and once it’s damaged, hair will no longer grow. So, unless you’re willing to permanently lose your natural lashes, visit your stylist to have them SAFELY removed.
- What are the benefits of eyelash lifts?
Lash Lifts are becoming increasingly popular with women who want lashes that give the Wow factor but have not been keen on having extensions or piling layers upon layers of mascara on. A Lash Lift is a treatment that is incredibly relaxing and gives those straight lashes a natural curl. No more eyelash curlers! A treatment that enhances your natural lashes without the need for ongoing maintenance and makes your morning routine quicker. Lashes look thicker, fuller, longer, and eyes appear more open and youthful. Less time-consuming than eyelash extensions with minimal aftercare. Curl lasts between 6-8 weeks depending on the health of lashes and how they take to the treatment. Allergy sufferers can have great-looking lashes without mascara.
- What are hard gel nails?
Hard gel is a nail enhancement like acrylic nails, except it cures in a UV light. Hard gel has absolutely no odor and it looks more natural than acrylic.
It is NOT gel polish/shellac/soft gel/soak-off gel. You can put gel polish over hard gel. You can extend the length of the nail with hard gel, just like acrylic. It can be sculpted and shaped just like acrylic. The only difference is that hard gel hardens through UV light rather than through evaporating solvents (like acrylic). Hard gel is designed to imitate how natural nails look. They are designed to last much longer and give women who have short nails, the opportunity to wear long nails without being afraid of common breaking for various reasons. Flexibility makes it less likely to crack because it can withstand greater pressure. The flexibility also makes the gel feel much more natural than acrylic because it moves along with the natural nail. Hard gel can withstand greater pressure and it is less likely to break or crack than acrylic is. Just like acrylic, gel can crack if it is flexed beyond its stretching point. However, because it has more flexibility, it will generally cause less trauma when cracked than when an acrylic nail cracks.
Hard gel is hypoallergenic, which means it is less likely to cause allergies than acrylic. This is because hard gel uses oligomers rather than polymers. “Oligomers are resins that have been reacted with other resins to form a larger resin close to being fully polymerized. Because they are so large, they have difficulty getting into the bloodstream and therefore are much safer to use.
Hard gel is safe during pregnancy. Also, hard gel has no strong odors or fumes.
- What are the benefits of waxing over shaving?
Waxing provides smoother and longer-lasting results by removing the hair from the root, regrowth turnaround is a good 3 to 4 weeks. Waxing regularly over an extended period of time causes the hair to grow back thinner and finer because the hair is pulled from the root. Shaving cuts the hair right below the skin’s surface, the regrowth turnaround is about 1 week. Shaving causes a prickly feel days after shaving. Waxing is also healthier because it provides a physical exfoliation, removing lifeless surface cells.
- What are the benefits of ear candling?
Ear candle is a hallow fabric candle that draws out excessive ear wax and any minor impurities inside the ear once lit. Cleanses the ear canal of ear wax and debris, clear nasal passages and clear sinuses, assist in lymphatic drainage, regulates ear pressure, relieves ear and headaches, reduces stress and tension, relieves dizziness and improve balance, and provide relief from allergies. Ear candling is relaxing and calming. It can improve taste, smell, and hearing.
For all your booking needs, please click on the link to Vagaro below to schedule, reschedule or cancel an appointment at any time. You are also welcome to text, call, or message me via Facebook or Instagram to book your appointment. You will receive 2 reminders of your appointment via text or email (however you prefer to be notified).
I will return your email, text, or message as quickly as possible and during normal working hours.
If you are needing an appointment and can’t find a time that works for you, please call or text me as I may still be able to get you in. Appointments needed outside of business hours will need to be requested directly with me and have an additional fee.
It’s recommended you prebook your next service after your service is completed.
Please understand if I ask you to adjust your appointment time it is because I’m trying to add to an existing gap of time to fit someone in. The accommodation is appreciated but NOT expected.
Each service I offer is customized to each client, custom for your skin type & skincare goals or to target a concern. Everyone’s skin & lashes are unique & require different tools, products, & time to achieve the desired results. I always do a mini-consult before a service to establish what is needed or wanted & give an estimated price if desired.
All prices listed are estimates. Depending on the length of the service as well as the condition of client’s skin, lashes, nails, etc an extra charge may be applied for extra time and/or products. For example, excessively dirty lashes, extremely calloused feet, etc
At this time, I do not require deposits, but that can change at any time and at my discretion.
- Late Arrivals
Your spa treatments are reserved especially for you. I value your business and your time and try to run on schedule. I ask that you respect my time, time allotted for other customers, and my spa’s scheduling policies. Arrivals more than 10 minutes late will be charged an additional fee in addition to the regular service fee. Arriving late will cut into YOUR booked service time and may require the service to be shorted or canceled, and will result in full payment of the booked service amount regardless if the service was performed or not. Whether or not the service can be completed within the remaining time will be at the discretion of Bliss by Sherise. Out of respect and consideration to me and other customers, please plan accordingly and be on time.
- Cancellations & No Shows
Please cancel all appointments within 24 hours of the appointment time (48 hours for lash extensions). If not canceled within 24 hours (48 hours for lash extensions), full payment must be made for the missed appointment before another appointment can be scheduled. When you miss an appointment with me, I not only lose your business, but also the potential business of other clients who could have scheduled an appointment for the same time. Repeated, frequent, or excessive cancellations will result in denial of services and online booking will be unavailable.
- Cell Phones
We ask that you please turn your cell phones to vibrate upon arrival. Cell phone use affects the length and quality of your spa services.
Refunds are at the discretion of Bliss by Sherise and will be issued on a case-by-case basis. If there is an issue with your original service please contact me as soon as possible.
- Product Returns
Pricing – Prices and services are subject to change without notice. I make every effort to ensure that the pricing and services are correct.
Products – We will exchange any skincare or retail product within two weeks of purchase only if unused and in new condition, or if found to be defective.
Gift Cards – No refunds will be given for gift card purchases. Bliss by Sherise gift cards may be transferred to another recipient with Bliss by Sherise permission. Card must be presented for redemption.
- Lash Extensions
Your lash extensions are attached to your own individual eyelashes and will shed as natural lashes shed. Maintaining your lash extensions will require regular visits to attach new extensions (fill-in) as your eyelash growth cycle regenerates new lashes. With these simple care instructions, you will be on your way to enjoying luscious long lashes.
Before your appointment
- Avoid using waterproof mascara 2-3 days before the day of your first appointment.
- Arrive at your appointment with dry, clean lashes and makeup-free eyes.
- Avoid caffeine prior to your lash appointment to avoid shuttering eyelids.
- Removing contact lenses before your appointment is optional but advised.
During the initial 24-48 hours after your appointment
- Avoid tanning beds for 48 hours after application.
- Avoid chemical peels, waxing, or laser treatments around the eyes.
General guidelines to extend the life of your lashes
- Always be gentle with your new lashes. Avoid pulling or tugging at your extensions as it can damage the extensions, and don’t rub your eyes. Tugging will cause your natural lashes to fall out prematurely, and cause permanent damage to the hair follicle
- Avoid strong or intense heat near the lashes such as blow dryers, ovens, grills, dishwashers, and flat irons – heat can crimp, singe, or loosen the curl of the lashes
- Avoid oil-based makeup removers, eye products, or creams near the eyes. Apply eye creams, serums, or moisturizers SPARINGLY around the lashes. Don’t apply mascara on the lash extensions and do not use an eyelash curler on your extensions. Mascara will ruin them by closing the fans and give them a singed look. Don’t leave makeup sitting on your lashes overnight.
- Do not perm or tint your eyelashes prior to your appointment or after
- Apply sealant to your lashes once a day to extend the life of your extensions. It is best to comb through them right away after applying sealant with your dry mascara brush. If you wait too long, the sealant can harden and cause them to be pulled out when you brush them. For the fullest effect, comb and fluff daily.
- Wash your lash extensions daily with a cleanser and a soft cleansing brush. Use upwards strokes letting the soapy foam clean between the lashes and rinse thoroughly. Do not use cotton rounds or q-tips on the eyelashes. Avoid running water over your face. Moisture will break down the bond of the glue.
- Be gentle with the lash extensions, avoid getting them caught on clothes or towels. Sleep on your back, use a sleep mask made especially for lash extensions, or use silk pillowcases.
- Gently comb through your dry lash extensions with a clean mascara wand. Use a sponge-tipped applicator to spot clean any stubborn make-up left at the lash line. Don’t comb too hard at the root as this is where your lashes have adhered. Sometimes, if you do not rinse your cleanser well, it can cause lashes to look stuck together. The best time to do this is after showering, as they will be softer and less likely to damage.
- To extend the life of your lashes, please schedule touch-up appointments every 2-3 weeks and to keep your eyelashes looking fantastic. It’s important to keep your eye on retention (everyone’s lashes are different) and be mindful of how much time you should book for your fill when scheduling your next appointment!
- Please see a trained technician to remove the extensions if you are having issues with them, do not pull them off yourself as this will damage your natural lashes
- The client to experience loss of a few lashes during the 1st 24 hours after application. Don’t worry the extension will fall out with natural lash during its natural growth cycle. It’s normal to lose 2-4 lashes per day.
If you experience any pain, redness, or irritation, contact your technician immediately.
To ensure maximum comfort and benefit after the treatment, it is important to follow the steps below at home:
Aerobic exercise or vigorous physical activity should be avoided until all redness has subsided, at least 48 hours.
Although SPF 30+ should already be a part of your daily skincare, after dermaplaning, SPF 30+ must be applied daily to the treated area for a minimum of two weeks.
Twice daily cleanse the treated area with a post-treatment cleanser, followed by a serum or treatment cream, and follow with SPF 30+ sunscreen.
Avoid makeup for at least 6 hours after treatment.
Avoid any form of exfoliation for at least 7 days.
Do not undertake any other facial skincare treatments within 48 hours of having the dermaplane treatment.
Avoid direct heat, such as sauna, hot bath, shower, or hot hairdryer. Do not apply perfumed products to the treated area within 48 hours.
If you have additional questions or concerns regarding your treatment or suggested home regimen, you will consult your esthetician immediately.
To ensure maximum comfort and benefit after the treatment, it is important to follow the steps below at home:
Avoid applying heat to the waxed area for 12 to 24 hours. This includes hot baths, sauna, and steam.
Use an anti-acne lotion for the face, back, and chest following the treatment and twice a day until breakouts are gone. Use only an anti-acne product recommended by your skincare professional.
Avoid suntanning for 12 to 24 hours. This includes any strong ultraviolet (UV) light exposure or tanning bed treatments.
Avoid applying highly fragranced products to the waxed area. This includes perfume, scented body lotions, antiperspirants, cosmetics, or feminine hygiene sprays. Only use professional products, recommended to you by the skincare therapist who performed the waxing service
Avoid using harsh abrasive or exfoliates in the waxed area. However, if you are prone to in-grown hairs, the day after your waxing treatment, exfoliate the newly waxed area with a loofah to avoid future problems.
Avoid applying high SPF sunblock to the waxed area for 12-24 hours after the waxing service. Sunscreen chemicals can be irritating to the newly waxed skin. This includes self-tanning products and tan accelerators.
Any pinking of the skin should disappear within 6 to 8 hours after the waxing treatment. Slight pinking is normal and indicates that the hair was removed from the root, rather than superficially broken off, as in shaving. This is the reason that professional waxing lasts so much longer.
For best results, repeat your professional waxing every 4 to 6 weeks depending on the area and your individual hair growth rate.
If you have any questions about your waxing service or after-care at home, please do not hesitate to call your skincare therapist.
- Spray Tanning
How to prepare for your spray tan:
- Remove all unwanted body hair prior to appointment
- Exfoliate well prior to appointment
- Complete any beauty treatments prior to tanning – pedicures, manicures, eyelash extensions, etc
- Don’t use any bar soaps or oil-based body washes prior to the appointment
On the day of your spray tan:
- Don’t use any Dove products before or after your spray tan
- Don’t wear makeup or jewelry
- Don’t wear lotion, deodorant, or perfumes
- Wear loose clothing
- Wear flip flops if possible
- Wear whatever you feel comfortable in during your appointment, disposable undergarments available
How to care for your spray tan:
- Use the tan extender lotion and body wash to extend the life of your tan
- Let your tan set and finish developing during the recommended time
- Avoid water while your tan is developing
- Avoid tight clothing until after your 1st shower
- Don’t apply lotions, deodorants, makeup, or perfumes until after your 1st shower
- Tan doesn’t include SPF so please wear it after you shower
- Chemical Peels
Aerobic exercise or vigorous physical activity should be avoided for the first 48 hours.
Direct sunlight exposure is to be completely avoided immediately following the treatment (including any strong UV light exposure and tanning beds). If some sun exposure cannot be avoided, first apply sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater. Sunscreen (with at least an SPF of 15) should become a part of your daily skincare regimen as your skin will become more sensitive to the sun as a result of this treatment.
Cleanse your face with water or a mild soap substitute and gently moisturize 2 times a day.
Do NOT apply any type of glycolic acid or exfoliation products as this can severely damage or irritate the skin during the entire healing process.
DO NOT peel, rub, or scratch your skin at any time, whatsoever. This WILL cause damage and compromise your results as well as possibly cause severe scarring.
If you experience painful areas of the face, contact your skincare therapist immediately, especially if you are prone to cold sores. Any blisters that form will need to be reported immediately.
In the event that you may have additional questions or concerns regarding your treatment or suggested home product/post-treatment care, you must consult your therapist immediately.
We understand life happens and some circumstances can’t be avoided. We will try to work with everyone as best we can and reschedule you if possible. Bliss by Sherise reserves the right to refuse services to anyone. You agree to all the above-listed terms when you book an appointment. Thank you so much for trusting us with your skincare and beauty needs!